free website stats program cost and performance on my Fatboy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cost and performance on my Fatboy

the dealer told me they have to tune to the specs the EPA will let them .But if i went to a custom shop they should be able to tune it for more HP/TQ

Cossak,

Cassak,

You'll like it. Do it before HD ends the 20%/20% on parts and labor. Make sure you research SE cams and get the grind to match your riding style.

Once the bike belongs to a private party EPA no longer applys, the dealer knows that, unless maybe you are in California? If not, Hobbit is right about the dealer being suspect, I would go to another dealer after hearing that.

have an 09 fatboyjust ordered rb racing lsr 2-1. big sucker air breather,have it dyno'd all for around $1000 should be good for starters.

It's pretty quick and easy to do the stage 1, I just put the V&H Big Shot Staggared and the SE Air Cleaner on the 08 Fatboy in an afternoon a little while back (already had a TFI for fuel management) and that alone made a big difference (measured at the seat of the pants)... can imagine what the full Stage 2 would do.

Thanks guys for all the good advice, (especially Chopper and Hobbit) and points about matching my riding style. I don't race bikes anymore (not for 30+ yrs actually) so I won't be riding FT except to accelerate, and I want the power in the low to mid-range RPM, and let it flatten out at the top is perfect.

I dropped my bike off Friday and it will be ready this week, I read the break-in posts and will on it as I go out the door. Getting the SE Super tuner & air filter, (stage 1); D&D 2 into 1 exhaust, and the big bore 103 (Stage 2), flat top pistons, with a 255 cam, and some other snarky little stuff; parts and labor is going to roll out the door to me at an even 3200. (I know, 1700+700 sounds like less.) I will post final results and how I feel when I am getting my hair blown back (well what I have left anyway). With any recommendations for others interested in upgrading their ride

As I read the posts here I can see me re-acquiring my old tools, bike lift, and doing more of this stuff myself. It looks like almost all "plug N play" these days and I won't need to be hanging around my buddies metal shop mooching, scrap alum., moly., titan. & stainless as well as drillpress and lathe help. I can afford the dealer, but it is fun to do things yourself and I know I care more than even the best shop monkey about the final result.

Sounds like a good deal to me...! Wonder where Smitty is? Fatboy is his 2nd cup of tea!!?!!

Back