free website stats program cost and performance on my Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

cost and performance on my Fatboy

cossak

Advice needed;

I obtained a stock2007 fatboy with 4700 miles. I have been riding it for a few months, put on a set of new tires and got a big whoooop in handling, but I am still not happy with low end torque, especially in 5th and 6th gears. The local dealer is offering a Stage 2 kit for $1700 and SE Super Tuner + fuel map for $700. I read the pages here it looks like I will also need a new air cleaner and exhaust modifications for more bucks.

Is this an endless bleeding of cash or will the final result have me smiling and eating bugs? I would hate to put this money into the bike and feel like the pereformance was only an illusion. I can afford the cost if there is a real difference in feel and zip.

newbe

Endless bleeding of cash is a fair description of owning a harley cos just when you think you have it where you want it something else will rear its head and youll be away in another direction bleeding cash all the way

Brian

Welcome cossak, You might want to do the stage 1 first to see if it satisfies, but if you got the cash $1700.00 don't sound like bad price, and if you do a lot of two up riding (harleys always have a pretty girl on the back) you'll like the difference, get it done in time for spring.

The $1700 Stage 2 package covers all parts and labor for cylinder, pistons, rings, cam, clutch, race tuner, plus some itty bitty parts, gaskets etc.

I was looking at it being $1700 + $700 or total of $2400. The Race tuner would then be part of the $700. What size would the engine be when finished.

I was looking at it being $1700 + $700 or total of $2400. The Race tuner would then be part of the $700. What size would the engine be when finished.

OK, the $1700 stage 2 includes the Stage 1 (air cleaner kit)plus all engine parts to go from 96 to 103; the cylinders, cams, flat top pistons, clutch spring, cam spacers, gaskets, slip on SE mufflers, a race tuner, mounting hardware, dyna tune, and labor. If I include the SE Super Tuner at the same time I save some cash (Less than the 700 stand alone price)as there is overlap on the fitting and dyna tuning.

Sounds like a good price for sure, you might think about taking the S/E clutch spring home in a bag, I always give them to the customer incase needed in future but have never had a problem with the stock clutch on stage 2 and everybody likes the easy pull clutch, a couple that I have installed, customers have complained about the harder pull. Talk to your dealer.

OK, the $1700 stage 2 includes the Stage 1 (air cleaner kit)plus all engine parts to go from 96 to 103; the cylinders, cams, flat top pistons, clutch spring, cam spacers, gaskets, slip on SE mufflers, a race tuner, mounting hardware, dyna tune, and labor. If I include the SE Super Tuner at the same time I save some cash (Less than the 700 stand alone price)as there is overlap on the fitting and dyna tuning.

Still not clear on how the extra $700 is there for overlap on fitment and Dyno tuning?An expierienced wrench should have done this before so he should beat the already steep labor hours.The Dyno should have a set cost,and they'll probably just through a saved MAP from another build in it.

Ive been toying with the thought of the 103" kit myself.As for bleeding extra exences, I know my 96" with a stage1 and mufflers already runs hot.If I did the 103" I'd definetly want an oil cooler.Ive also read posts about weather or not compresion releases are needed to prevent hard starting with the 103 kits.

Just a couple of ad ons to consider.Let us know how you make out, Im curios to know how much it cost in the end.

I installed a 110 kit on my 2008 fb along with v+h bigshot staggard,SE pro race tuner and SE big sucker ac the bike dinos at 100hp/108tq cost for parts 3500 (go big or get out of the house) You will not be disapointed

Back