free website stats program Correct oil filter wrench | Harley Davidson Forums

Correct oil filter wrench

I have a 75 mm oil filter wrench (presumably standard size) which I tried using on an S&S oil filter (Evo engine), but the wrench is too big for the filter. I thought all V-Twin filters were standard diameter, but evidently not. Any idea what size wrench to use on S&S filters?

Even better than a strap wrench is a 3 finger oil filter wrench (it actually indents the filter cover at three places) adjusts itself when tightening and does not slip.

Last edited:
some of the auto parts store have that style.. i use one sort of like it but 2 sided that bites into the filter also for import cars

Where do I get one of those????
Never seen one quite like it.

Mine, I got from Snap-On tools, it is BluePoint P/N FWA5296...had it for years! :D

If you use the Drag Specialties heavily chromed, no flute super slippery oil filter, it is the only tool that can get it off the mounting (other than TQ's emergency screwdriver in the side method) just kidding...

Last edited:
Found this one on Snap on's site:
FWA62121A
Looks like it's the same thing, only newer.
Thanks! That's on my short list.

Ive got one that looks the same as that you can use it with 1/2" or 3/8" square drive
got it originally to get at an awkward filter on a car but has worked really well on my Harley's
don't know how i could live without it

Brian

Back