free website stats program Correct 45 degree fitting for stearing head | Harley Davidson Forums

Correct 45 degree fitting for stearing head

Tourer

Hello,

I have been searching at various auto, fastener, and hardware stores for the right 45 degree zerk fitting for the stearing head, but have been unsuccessful. From what I can tell from the stock straight part it looks to be a 3/16" fitting. Can anyone confirm the size and know a source for getting one? Thank you for the help.

1/4-28 If I remember correctly. Although for some reason I thought some had found it to be metric. Got mine at the local auto parts store. Take the old one with you. You should be able to match it up.

Last edited:
1/4-28 If I remember correctly. Although for some reason I thought some had sound it to be metric. Got mine at the local auto parts store. Take the old one with you. You should be able to match it up.

1/4 -28 is correct, they are tapper d like self tapping threads:s

I picked mine at work. I used a 90 degree and it worked fine. I did have to disassemble the fitting to fit it in the tight space, then reassemble when I had it oriented correctly.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Will give it a shot over the weekend and let you know how I make out.

If you are not sure take a 1/2 hrs. ride over to my shop. I have plenty of 1/4-28 90* grease fittings and 45* fittings and can give you a hand.

Thanks Crusierbob I was beginning to think I was the only one using the coupling.

Back