free website stats program Corbin "Dual Tour" seat fitment trouble on 98 Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Corbin "Dual Tour" seat fitment trouble on 98 Wide Glide

Z-Man

Hello,

I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced trouble with your Corbin Dual Tour seat damaging your rear fender due to poor fitment, and what you've done about it. I had to take my seat and bike to Corbin (I live close by) to get it's poor fit adjusted, and the adjustment only made it worse.

The fit has put a substantial dent on each side of my fender as well as another two substantial scuffs, all where thes rubber support bumpers contact my fender when the seat's loaded the weight of a rider and passenger.

damagetofenderfromseat.jpg

Because I dont expect many people have this seat, I'm going to place this post on a couple of different forums, but I'll update here with whatever replies I get elsewhere.

Thanks!

There should be snubbers on the underside of the seat to prevent that. I would contact Corbin, possibly they overlooked the instillation of the snubbers when it was made.

Glider: It was the snubbers that caused the problems in the first place. It's just a real bad design.

I usually attach a piece of carpet to the underside of the seat to eliminate the contact points of the seat on the fender. Works for me.

As I had stated elsewhere, when I pulled the seat on my HD I never cared for the idea of having the passenger pillion resting solely ON the fender, while the shock support rails that straddle the fender "should" be the weight bearing elements are unused.

When we were kids on bicycles we tried carrying passengers on them with even poorer results. Old traditions greater than 100 years die hard...this is one of those that should have! :no Using mylar plastic to protect the paint like a bandaid and rubber snubbers to soften the pounding for the rider but doing nothing for actual support is silly...JMO!

Last edited:
Back