free website stats program Corbin Classic Solo? | Harley Davidson Forums

Corbin Classic Solo?

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Hey yall,

Just picked up a Corbin Classic Solo off of Flea Bay for my 03 RK. I don't physically have the seat yet. Not having had a Corbin before, how does it attach? Looks as if the back of the seat must have an access panel to bolt seat to stock holes in fender? Is that the deal? Do I need special hardware?
This will be my primary solo seat. I intend to send my current stock seat and pillion to Mean City for comfy redo. Hopefully it will satisfy Mrs. Bodeen:s

Thanks yall,

Bodeen

Bordeen, can you post up the pix of the Corbin Classic Solo you got. The access panel sounds more like a place to index an optional back rest? I would think if it is compatible it would have the same mounting hole that is vacant on your fender. You can easily move it over from the 2 up position to solo position or buy insert and clip for $6 (plastic C clip retainer and metal threaded insert). Just use a large zip tie to thread insert into the fender center hole from the tire side (it is a tough reach by hand and feel ). Keep us informed how it goes...Cheers!

The newer seats with the lock require special hardware. The locks didn't start showing up untill 04 or 05. I think on yours all ya gotta do is remove the stock seat, remove the two fender nuts, leave the plastic stud retainers in place, slide the tang under the bracket, raise a flap on the back of your seat and put the nuts back on. 74fan's right the hole on the back of the seat is receptical for Corbins optional backrest.

The newer seats with the lock require special hardware. The locks didn't start showing up untill 04 or 05. I think on yours all ya gotta do is remove the stock seat, remove the two fender nuts, leave the plastic stud retainers in place, slide the tang under the bracket, raise a flap on the back of your seat and put the nuts back on. 74fan's right the hole on the back of the seat is receptical for Corbins optional backrest.

Thanks BNB. That is what I was trying to ask in my original question. That is what I thought the arrangement was. I'll be trolling for a backrest and pillion next, I guess.
Thanks again,

Bodeen

Back