cop bike engine mods

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by captevil, Jan 9, 2011.

1. captevil

captevil Member

hello everyone, i just got an 08 electraglide cop bike and i was wondering what type of upgrades i can make ? it has the 103 engine, 2 into one exhaust don't know what cams. maybe i could do a race tuner and new heavy breather air filter? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. bike is going to be used for 2 up touring.

2. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

mine came from pd with a heavy cir cleaner under the stock cover didnt know it till i took cover off . also had scream eagle pipes i just the tuner from doebeck here on the site and it comes with a discount too. retiredpolicebikes.com is a good site to check out for these bikes love mine no spokes to clean , air ride seat

3. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Active Member

Smitty, I trust your judgement, so I'll ask your opinion. My HD dealership guys recommended the SE 211 cams. Said they were designed for the bigger V-Twins and would be the best bang for my buck. It already has Rhinehart True duels, PC-3, & K&N airfilter. Thanks, Tracy

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Stage 1-2-3-4 Explained - Harley Davidson Community do you have the service records for this bike?

5. captevil

captevil Member

no service records, has 14,000 miles no scratches on frame or bars. sweet ride just couldnt help myself !

6. CalgaryBikeBum

CalgaryBikeBum Active Member

I have a 2000 Roadking Police that is now completely a civilian bike. As far as cams go. Read the spec's carefully on where the power comes on . I did my research and when i built my 104 I used and Andrews 21 cam because I like the fact that the power came on earlier and ran out around 5000 rpm. I don't know about you but I do most of my riding around 2500 rpm to 3000 so wanted my power band in there. Fully loaded (and I do mean fully) I can still walk up a mountain pass most of the time without downshifting. It really depends on what you kind of riding you do. Hope that's helpful.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Choosing Performance Cams - Harley Davidson Community how about this?

8. bigjon

bigjon New Member

Floorboard extenders and brake pedal (removed) , tallboy handlebars(harley davidson), and a real comfortable low profile seat (if it don't cost 300 bucks it ain't no good)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011