free website stats program Cooling it down for my passenger | Harley Davidson Forums

Cooling it down for my passenger

leo13

2008 FLHTC with lowers, factory Stage 1. I assume the plastic shield won't help her and true duals is the way to go. Researching here has indicated I will also need to swap out the SE mufflers and install another tuner. I'm sure the dealer will want to sell me new mufflers instead of offering baffles. Even using FullSac, the price tag is going to be more than my retirement check can accomodate. Do I have any other options?

My wife is a real trooper, but I've seen her right leg get lobster red on summer runs over 100 degrees (she loves to wear shorts).

2008 FLHTC with lowers, factory Stage 1. I assume the plastic shield won't help her and true duals is the way to go. Researching here has indicated I will also need to swap out the SE mufflers and install another tuner. I'm sure the dealer will want to sell me new mufflers instead of offering baffles. Even using FullSac, the price tag is going to be more than my retirement check can accomodate. Do I have any other options?

My wife is a real trooper, but I've seen her right leg get lobster red on summer runs over 100 degrees (she loves to wear shorts).
When I went Full stage one on my 09FLHR, Air and Exhaust,,, Not changing the exhaust to true duels but going V&H slip-ons... leaving the stock cross-over in place but going with BOTH "full sized exhaust"

Then the real cooling I could feel in and on the bike Came From installing the Famous Fueler Talked about Here at HDT ,,, Dobecks TFI...

NOW that made a big difference and My wife said that on her First ride Without Me Coaching her about the install,, As she knows nothing about the TFI but NOW how cool her leg is compared to before.....

Check it out here on HDT and read the "Dobecks Product Support" Post on the Main Home Page..

Low in cost and a MUST in My Book.....

signed....BUBBIE

I just read an interesting article on exhaust and header replacement. The cost looked resonable, the article appeared in American Iron Jan 2011.

American Custom Exhausts

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read an interesting article on exhaust and header replacement. The cost looked resonable, the article appeared in American Iron Jan 2011.

American Custom Exhausts

Thanks for editing to add the link. That does look interesting, I may contact them to see if they have baffles for my slash SEs, and if they will take care of the back pressure issues. If not, may look into the Zooods until the jury comes in on the American Customs.

Is the Zoood price listed in the link the HDT price?

I had a set of American custom slipons before I went to a 2 into 1. Cant beat them. Qualilty product and it allows you to change baffles and endcaps. Highly recommend them.

Bubbie... that Dobeck's TFI... is that something that could be used with a PowerCommander? Doesn't it do the same thing?

Has anybody solved the crossover pipe heat problem for the passenger? It feels pretty hot when I'm running and I've yet to put my girlfriend on because she's afraid it will burn her calf/shin coming out and bending around the primary like it does.

If using motorcycle boots and jeans for ladies, my Wife has never complained about heat. Once she gets used to it it does not detract from the enjoyment of riding. I have a 2008 EG

If using motorcycle boots and jeans for ladies, my Wife has never complained about heat. Once she gets used to it it does not detract from the enjoyment of riding. I have a 2008 EG

She usually wears jeans and tennis shoes when we rode before. I may hint to her to get some boots. Appreciate it!

Back