free website stats program Cool things you may not know about your Dyna... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cool things you may not know about your Dyna...

As of 2009, the FXDF is the only Dyna (except for international models) with a catalytic converter.
-- I suspect that the 2010 & 2011 wideglides also have one.

I have a 09 fxdf and do not have catalytic at all. I had the entire exhaust off and it is all open. European models may have them.
WAP.gif

Me too. When I got my 2010 FXDF used from the Dealer here in California, it had a 2 into 1 Thunderheader without any catalytic converter.

I have a 09 fxdf and do not have catalytic at all. I had the entire exhaust off and it is all open. European models may have them.
WAP.gif

My owners manual (2009 FXDF pg. 29) reads: "ALL fxdf models are equipped with catalytic converters. For all other dyna models, only International, Japan, and California markets include catalytic converters."
I have never seen mine, but I assumed it was in the crossover section of the pipe. I almost replaced the entire system for this reason, but decided to just go with slip ons for now. Thanks for your input. I always wondered how having one would affect performance/power.

I read and thought the same thing. When I did the 103 kit I had the dealer take off the pipes and physically look and run a wire through it. Nothing in there. Nothing in the cross over either. They may be in the stock slip-ons which I changed. The stock slip-ons are crazy restrictive. I do know the European models use a servo in the crossover which only allows one slip-one to exhaust under certain levels of acceleration.
Again, my bike is 2009.

I read and thought the same thing. When I did the 103 kit I had the dealer take off the pipes and physically look and run a wire through it. Nothing in there. Nothing in the cross over either. They may be in the stock slip-ons which I changed. The stock slip-ons are crazy restrictive. I do know the European models use a servo in the crossover which only allows one slip-one to exhaust under certain levels of acceleration.
Again, my bike is 2009.

I have noticed the servo - but why? What levels of acceleration? (2010 Street Bob)

I believe all of the Fat Bob style pipes have cats in them, they are in the flat single area. I used a set of 08 FB pipes to build my current pipes and sure enough they had a cat in them. For EPA/Legal reasons they have to be in the head pipes and not the mufflers.

One cool thing I found was the windshield from my superglide custom fits my 2011 wide glide. Wish I would have checked before I bought the sport windshield.

Almost all of the FXD Sturgis models have been butchered:(

There was a guy on here not too long ago who found a 1991 very low number in cherry condition. Advised him STRONGLY to keep it cherry.

Mine is #1065, and was already fiddle with when I got it. I have to rebuild it again, but will keep it LOOKING fairly stock (although it will have a 6-spd gear set in the tranny case!!).

TQ

Back