free website stats program Cool things you may not know about your Dyna... | Harley Davidson Forums

Cool things you may not know about your Dyna...

RidenChrome

Banned
This is a thread where everyone can contribute something that may or may not be so obvious or if you did not read your manual cover to cover.

Here's the first two to get us started:

1) Steel braided brake lines activate three sets of four piston calipers

2) Sixth gear lights up on the speedometer once you're there so you don't have to kick up to check

Your turn...:coffee

If you have the Keyless alarm system, you can program your bike eith a code. Then if you ever loose your key fob on the road, you can just put in the code to start.

A green "6" illuminates on the speedo face when in 6th gear (above a certain speed). I think he means now you don't have to try upshifting to see if you are in top gear.

I adapted to the shifter being moved from right to left (in the '70's) quicker than I have to having 6 speeds. But age may be a factor.:newsmile01:

As of 2009, the FXDF is the only Dyna (except for international models) with a catalytic converter.
-- I suspect that the 2010 & 2011 wideglides also have one.

Not sure I understand the "sixth gear light" comment. Care to expand on that.

It's a light in the number six on your speedometer that lights when in sixth gear.
WAP.gif

(Softail rider, sorry to barge in on you Dyna guys)

When my "6" came on the first time, I thought it was a "b", must have been b for battery, cool my battery is good... LOL

Back