free website stats program container for oil changes | Harley Davidson Forums

container for oil changes

dogdad

Just curious,,what do you use to catch your old oil and fluids when changing them? Has to be low profile to fit under the bike .

I have pails that I have cut but my favorite is a roasting pan that is 2 or 3" deep. You have probably missed them on sale. In Canada they go on sale around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
kemo

As i have been draining oil from cars and motorcycles for many years i have a selection of oil drain pans probably the easiest to create and use was an empty 5 litre container that came with windscreen washer in it i cut the side off it and drain the oil into it then when i remove the cap from what was originally the top i can easily pour the oil out into a good container once i have about 20 litres of old oil i take it to the recycling centre

Brian

I went to Goodwill and bought an old cake pan. Works perfect. I also buy old towels and washcloths for grease rags there.

I use an old plastic drain container specially made for changing oil, it has a screw on/off yellow lid and inside has a molded in oil filter holder to drain it fully. Had it since the 70's so it may not be available nowadays. I'll post up a pix if you need it...

Blitz oil drain pan - Shop sales, stores & prices at TheFind.com

P.S. Since it is reusable, resealable and holds 5 gallons, it is easy on the environment and transporting to the oil recycler is clean and easy (they take my old oil filter as well).

Last edited:
A plastic retangular container (same size as Kemo's roast pan) from the harware store. Sold as a container to sprout seeds. It doubles as a container to clean parts or keeping parts from getting lost.

Back