free website stats program Considering trading up | Harley Davidson Forums

Considering trading up

67hat34c

Due to some problems with my 08 1200c I am considering another bike.

Liked the look of the 2010 Dyna Superglide Custom with pearl white and pearl blue paint.

Anything negative about the Dyna's?

One of the best handling bikes HD ever made. Not a bad cruiser with the proper accessories but not a touring bike in that sense. depends on the type of riding you'll do. But an excellent bike nontheless.

Liked the look of the 2010 Dyna Superglide Custom with pearl white and pearl blue paint.

HOW ABOUT POSITIVE?

I had a 2000 FXDS dyna and KEPT it looking as new as the NEW 09 FLH I have today...
LOVED that bike and PUT OVER 117,000 miles on it...
BEING of the OLD vintage, I put ALL the needed UPGRADES on and IN it and then some.

NOW with TODAYS bikes com'n out with the GOOD STUFF ON IT already,,, it would be MY choice AGAIN if I needed another bike..

MY 2000 rode like a BIG BIKE, LOOKED like a big bike and RAN CIRCLES around MOST of the bikes I rode with....106 hp and 110 torque /6 sp tranny

THE BEST IMPROVEMENT was a MUSTANG saddle SEAT.... BOTH my wife and I enjoyed the LONG DISTANCE rides we took on the dyna....I would not want to do long distance on my 2006 roadster sport.

A GOOD MOVE UP AND I'M SURE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

MY NEW ride is a 09 FLHR and it is GREAT, just a TAD BIT larger.

signed....BUBBIE

HOW ABOUT POSITIVE?

I had a 2000 FXDS dyna and KEPT it looking as new as the NEW 09 FLH I have today...
LOVED that bike and PUT OVER 117,000 miles on it...
BEING of the OLD vintage, I put ALL the needed UPGRADES on and IN it and then some.

NOW with TODAYS bikes com'n out with the GOOD STUFF ON IT already,,, it would be MY choice AGAIN if I needed another bike..

MY 2000 rode like a BIG BIKE, LOOKED like a big bike and RAN CIRCLES around MOST of the bikes I rode with....106 hp and 110 torque /6 sp tranny

THE BEST IMPROVEMENT was a MUSTANG saddle SEAT.... BOTH my wife and I enjoyed the LONG DISTANCE rides we took on the dyna....I would not want to do long distance on my 2006 roadster sport.

A GOOD MOVE UP AND I'M SURE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

MY NEW ride is a 09 FLHR and it is GREAT, just a TAD BIT larger.

signed....BUBBIE

Dynas are always a good choice, I rode baggers til my wife said get what u want so I went thru a02 SuperGlide and now on a07 Streetbob, Jack

I have an 01 Superglide and love it. It all depends on what kind of riding you are looking for. I ride 2-up on mine with no problem and have also done many long runs on mine. You just have to set it up to fit you.

I have a '92 Dyna glide that I have ridden to Key West, and Canada with no complaints. It rides very smooth and handles well. I frequently leave the bagger at home and take the Dyna for a long ride. IMO Dynas are underappreciated.

I have an 09 Superglide Custom. I also traded up from a Sportster. Totally different bike. I love the ride and power. If you are looking for long distance riding most of the time then you might want to go with a touring model. On another note, I have traveled on some long distance rides with zero problems and plenty of comfort. Planning on going to DC with my dad next year. Plan on changing out the seat for a long ride. I have not changed mine yet but will before the DC trip. For the riding I do all in all I would purchase again. Got mine on the trade up program. Hope this helps.

Nothing negative on the Dynas.

If your plans call for distance riding, consider Progressive shocks, an upgraded seat like the Sundowner, a good windshield, the rear turn signal relocation kit so saddlebags will fit, and forward pegs so you will fit.

I have an '07 FXD with 33k miles and I'm thinking about upgrading to a new Dyna custom, FXDC. The dealer won't allow much for the FXD upgrades and I can bring them over to the new one. The '07 has been from Phoenix over the mountains to Denver twice, to New England once, and up the California coast to Oregon. No complaints, no overheating, nothing but an occasional re-torqueing of the various pieces.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide (with pictures).

Back