free website stats program Considering Basanni DNT slipons but... | Harley Davidson Forums

Considering Basanni DNT slipons but...

AC80934

I currently have an 07 Street Glide with stock headers, fuelmoto air intake, stock pipes and Power Vision tuner. I'm considering adding Basanni DNT slipons but am apprehensive because of a negative decel popping issue I had with V and H Monster Rounds. After repeated attempts to get rid of the excessive decel popping via multiple tunes, auto tunes, manipulation of decel mixtures and examination for any exhaust leaks I ended up selling the v and h and putting the stock pipes back on. I have since been told that v and h large diameter pipes are prone to decel popping due to the lack of air flow restriction and that you just have to put up with the popping. My question is, will I run into the same decel popping issue with the Basanni DNT slipons because they too are large diameter pipes or was this just and issue with the design of the v and h monster rounds?

I run Basanni true duels on my 05 Ultra and get an occasional decel pop but I'm running a richer fuel mix and attribute it to some unburned fuel in the exhaust.
I don't have it all the time just occasionally.
My scoot has had 2 proper dyno tunes but I still get a pop once in a while.

I run Basanni true duels on my 05 Ultra and get an occasional decel pop but I'm running a richer fuel mix and attribute it to some unburned fuel in the exhaust. I don't have it all the time just occasionally.
My scoot has had 2 proper dyno tunes but I still get a pop once in a while.

Jeff, running a richer fuel mix and proper dyno tune are inconsistent and contrary statements. If the tune is spot on, there should not be any decel popping unless something else is going on, particularly on an EFI motor.

Jeff, running a richer fuel mix and proper dyno tune are inconsistent and contrary statements. If the tune is spot on, there should not be any decel popping unless something else is going on, particularly on an EFI motor.

Guess i'll have to figure out why I get a pop now and again because I know my dyno tune is spot on.

Guess i'll have to figure out why I get a pop now and again because I know my dyno tune is spot on.

As with any thing else, there are exceptions to every rule. I just couldn't put the "richer fuel mix" and "proper dyno tune" together. Richer fuel mix? Richer than factory? Richer than what? Just saying that if the tune is truly spot on, the conditions that typically support decel popping should not exist; there should be no uncombusted fuel mix in the exhaust stream. Could also be ignition related rather than fuel related. Could be leaking exhaust gaskets, could be poor seal at muffler to head pipe. Having said all that, if the popping doesn't annoy you, no need to bother trying to find the cause.;)

Yes, richer than factory. my tuner http://www.roadskulls.com in Denver is a well know tuner and uses the state of the art dyno.

I had an occasional decel pop before the tune so the tune had nothing to do with his work. Guess i'll have to investigate further and see if I can find out why but as in frequent as I get it I may just let it be.

Back