free website stats program Considering a New ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Considering a New ride

VooDoo

Account Removed
Well I got a 06 Street Bob. I have been tossing the idea of going to a softail chassis. I just haven't decided what I REALLY like. I love the Fat tire on the Fatboy, and am looking at the fatboy lo just not a big floorboard fan. Our dealer has a nice Train with the Dark custom paint. So im gonna have to really feel it when it comes.

Now the kicker is I am looking to get a Trike as well. How much room do dealers give to negotiate when you plan or leaving with 2 bikes to 1. And Am i gonna get [EDIT] on the bob for a trade in. The Bob is paid for so It will be 100% towards the new ride.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help with the dealer info, but I think you will like the floor boards. You can move your feet around a little for comfort. Maybe you can test ride one at your dealer.

Im sure I will be able to. They tend to think my fiance is the cats meow. Plus everytime she goes in there she leaves broke. I did ride a street glide in hawaii with boards but the bike seemed a little tall for me. Of course it was a rental so it wasn't set up to my likings. I guess it all will boil down to what feels the best under me.

Well I went ahead and grabbed this up. We are picking up the black Street glide trike up next week. Black is hard to come by.

I must say the ride is 100% smoother than on my StreetBob. Floorboards are taking some getting used to. May end up with forwards if it don't set in for me.

Nice ride and love the "aggressive style". Make sure the foot controls are adjusted to fit you properly...especially if heel and toe shifting is also introduced. It is part of the "traditional" look and feel that endures to "tasks" new and old riders alike.

Like double-mint gum - two bikes for one rider. Awesome looking ride & I want to test drive a trike (for future years). Man, how does a person get on your X-Mas list???? Hope the dealer did you well!

Back