free website stats program Conquering My Fears | Harley Davidson Forums

Conquering My Fears

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Hey all, just wanted to let you know I am still around a bit, but my forum time has been severely limited as of late, :( due to several reasons. The biggest reason is that my husband recently had his left rotator cuff repaired, and I am trying to be his arms on projects he would normally handle, (that sort of translates to I get to do twice as much as I normally would), but he is worth every minute. The second big reason is that I got a new job at work, sort of a promotion with a new department and all, so the changes and moving of our department to another room and training the manager has cut way into my forum time, but in order for me to make more money to buy new chrome and goodies, I had to do it. Third is we have two houses to maintain and our parents are both in WV but on different ends of the state, so we have been doing a LOT of driving.

However, I am happy to tell you all that I have been going to therapy (as most of you know, I had a little incident with some cattle a little over a year ago), so I have been going out on a much bigger bike than the 200 Suzuki, that would be my new to me road king, and I found the largest cow I could and I took him on. :D

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

:D See, I don't worry about cattle any more, I will now slow down or even stop and take their picture now. :D

BTW, the new bike is great, but oh my do I have stories to tell. They will be coming soon, but it has been tough to put it all together. It may be a book by the time I get done. :D

I hope things settle down soon and I can get back in my groove here. :s

I was wondering where you had gone. Glad everything is OK. Hope you put some time aside to enjoy your ride. Ride safe JOYKING!:)

Do what cha' got to do there young lady. You know we are here if you need us. BTW glad to hear about the cow!:D

Great post Joy, and like how you "Wo"-man handled that cow LOL! Wishing your beau a full and speedy recovery! :D

Glad to see your post Joyflyin. My Dad had rotator cuff repaired and very happy with results. Do the therapy, it helps a bunch he said. Be safe.

Thank you all. :) So far all is well with the hubbies shoulder. As soon as he is able to function with his left arm, he has to get the right shoulder repaired, same thing. :( He took a couple of bad falls on the ice last winter and on different occasions, messed up both of his shoulders.

Once he is over the shoulders, he will get his ankle fused and hopefully, no more falls. :s I will give him credit, he is being a great patient so far about doing his therapy, it's like he says, he really needs this to work. :)

You'll just have to do the driving 2-up. Therapy for both of you...oh, and cows beware! Rock on Joy.
Ishmael

RK looks great Joy. Ummm know what your Hubby is going thru since my stepson had rotator cuff operations from parachute injuries.

Back