free website stats program Conquered the heat! | Harley Davidson Forums

Conquered the heat!

Classx

I replaced my Road King with a 1999 Ultra Glide Classic. The replacement bike ran really hot. So, after carefule research, mostly on this forum, I believe I have it fixed.

I installed Rush ceramic coated true duals and aftermarket fishtail mufflers. I installed the Kuryakyn reflective smoke heat shields. I changed the oil to Lucas full synthetic. And last but not least I installed a Dobeck Performance TFI module.

I am thinking I can keep ice cream cold on this thing now!

I replaced my Road King with a 1999 Ultra Glide Classic. The replacement bike ran really hot. So, after carefule research, mostly on this forum, I believe I have it fixed.

I installed Rush ceramic coated true duals and aftermarket fishtail mufflers. I installed the Kuryakyn reflective smoke heat shields. I changed the oil to Lucas full synthetic. And last but not least I installed a Dobeck Performance TFI module.

I am thinking I can keep ice cream cold on this thing now!
Good modifications...
The last but not least Did The majority of the trick...:thanks

Enjoy the ice cream..:newsmile062:

signed....BUBBIE

I to got rid of the heat. S&S head pipes, V&H ovals, a pro street tuner by harley, and about 6 hours of dyno time. Route 66 H-D in Tulsa, OK made me a good deal on the work. Also, got rid of the CAT!

Well, I was wrong! I rode the trail of tears and after a weekend of about 1,200 miles my brand new left fishtail muffler was almost solid gold (not the good kind).

Did the bike run hot? I don't know which mufflers you used but I have seen low quality chrome jobs turn gold and the chrome flakes off.

Only the head pipes are Rush. They are fine. The mufflers are an aftermarket brand (unknown) that look and sound great. The right muffler did not turn, only the left.

Back