Conquered the heat!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Classx, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Classx

Classx Member

I replaced my Road King with a 1999 Ultra Glide Classic. The replacement bike ran really hot. So, after carefule research, mostly on this forum, I believe I have it fixed.

I installed Rush ceramic coated true duals and aftermarket fishtail mufflers. I installed the Kuryakyn reflective smoke heat shields. I changed the oil to Lucas full synthetic. And last but not least I installed a Dobeck Performance TFI module.

I am thinking I can keep ice cream cold on this thing now!

2. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Good modifications...
    The last but not least Did The majority of the trick...:thanks

Enjoy the ice cream..:newsmile062:

signed....BUBBIE

3. braddebs

braddebs Member

I to got rid of the heat. S&S head pipes, V&H ovals, a pro street tuner by harley, and about 6 hours of dyno time. Route 66 H-D in Tulsa, OK made me a good deal on the work. Also, got rid of the CAT!

4. Classx

Classx Member

Well, I was wrong! I rode the trail of tears and after a weekend of about 1,200 miles my brand new left fishtail muffler was almost solid gold (not the good kind).

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Did the bike run hot? I don't know which mufflers you used but I have seen low quality chrome jobs turn gold and the chrome flakes off.

6. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Not knocking Rush mufflers but I have see a lot of them turn gold on the right side.

7. Classx

Classx Member

Only the head pipes are Rush. They are fine. The mufflers are an aftermarket brand (unknown) that look and sound great. The right muffler did not turn, only the left.