free website stats program confused but sounds like a scam | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

confused but sounds like a scam

People start a site like that with the intention of helping others then some piece of trash scammer ruins it. Scammers make me sick. They are lower than pond sediment (wasn't sure if the other 4 letter word was acceptable so used sediment).

I had a similar one when I was searching for a good use bike before I bought my Ultra. The add was on Kijiji (similar to Craigslist) and posted from London, Ontario. Nice '08 Goldwing loaded with Kuryakyn extras. Emailed them and got some sob story about being divorced and she got the bike and is moving to London, United Kingdom (that was a big red flag, who refers to London, England that way?). They'd ship the bike to me and if I didn't like it ship it back no charge.
They never answered me when I emailed back that I'd do the 3 day drive or fly out to go see it.

Ads had been run with the same picture but different hogwash stories on other sites. And it wasn't just bikes they'd use.

at least we can sleep at night!! with any lick these scamers cant and have nightmares of people stealing their money. just found out a buddy got stung for 3K the old send me the money and i will bring you the item (don't know what he was thinking)

Good luck Breeze, hope it is real. they are still trying to sell me the bike but wont give me a address to see it. so my deal was a scam

We've run into this type of thing too. They list on CL and reference Ebay. One of them even had a link to an ebay auction. However, if you didn't click the link and tried to find it on ebay, it didn't exist.

I'm so sorry it isn't real. It can be very disappointing.

In CL defense, I have found many great, and unusual deals, there. In fact, we found our lake house in CL. Odd, but true. The developer was desparate to sell before foreclosure.

You just have to be diligent and insist on seeing the merchandise (and title) before closing the deal!

On this note... has anyone heard of or used vehbidz.com?

I was surfing for a way to buy repos, totals, and theft recoveries. Yes, I have big dreams of building a hardtail springer bobber.

Some of these things are pretty complex. They post for free and millions see it, but it only takes one "buyer" to make bank. I see this stuff all the time. Like the Canadian Lottery scam. "You won! Just send us the taxes and we'll send you the check." I tell people, have you ever been to Canada? Then how could you have gotten entered? And why can't they just take the taxes out of the winnings? You'd be surprised how many people fall for it. And there is virtually no way to track it back to the offender!
Canadians don`t pay taxes on any lottery winnings!!! We only pay taxes on the interest the winnings make!!

Back