free website stats program confused but sounds like a scam | Harley Davidson Forums

confused but sounds like a scam

lorne

working on getting a 08 heritage but for some reason i get a bad feeling. has any one ever heard of this before? i dont feel right but the price is right i returned the email saying i will look at the bike and pay cash. But if this is a legit deal i dont want to loose out. It's on the internet so it must be true (yea right!!!) have a look below :bigsmiley33:

The bike is in excellent condition, no accidents, scratches, never crashed or been down, no mechanical, electrical or cosmetical problems, it runs great. The title is in the CoOp possession as well and it is already signed by me and notarized so they will be responsible for the title transfer. Oh...and the title is clear.

No problem, I'll explain how CoOp works, their website is Cooperative Yard Sales - We Sell Your Items Online. They are a chain of ebay drop off stores and they offer their services for craigslist users too. I left the bike in their custody before i left with the intention of selling it for other reasons, but now this came up and i am forced to sell it for a much lower price than i originally intended just to cover my fathers medication and so on.
So back to Coop, they will handle the shipping and payment for me, i just have to list this for sale on eBay and Craigslist, find a buyer and they will take care of the rest.

If you want to purchase this, you must register on their website, they send you an invoice with the transaction details and payment instructions and you send the payment to one of their agents. They receive the payment and start the shipping process. You receive the bike and you have 10 days to inspect it and see if it's exactly as described. If you decide to keep it, you let them know and they will transfer the payment to me, if you decide to return it, they will give you a full refund back and return the bike on my cost. So you can be sure the bike is exactly as described because i wouldn't sell something that i know it will be returned and loose extra money. The shipping cost is already included in the price listed on craigslist so you don't have to worry about that.
The process is very simple, it probably looks a little complicated from what i explained but it's not and for a better understanding of how their service works you can check out their "Selling on eBay and Craigslist" page. I would advise you to read the Selling on eBay and Craigslist page before you register so you can be sure you understand how the process works. Let me know if you are still interested and if you have questions please ask, no problem. Also, if you don't want to register on their website for any reason, you can send me your full name and shipping address and i will forward it to them, but it's better if you register yourself.

that is what i am thinking! i said i will look at the bike and bring cash and no reply

Seems like another scam.
Army guy goes to England, wants to sell his car (very cheap price).
I had 10 days to look at it to be sure all was ok, then payment would transfer.
Was to be completed through ebay motors and looked real but I searched the "web" and saw others warning people. Had a few other twists to scam but all basically the same.

Yeah, just put "cooperative yard sales" in google and saw many warnings about another scam.
Sorry the "deal" ain't so sweet but at least now you know.

thanks for the confirmation!!! now i can't sleep think thinking how can get that bike for her price. but then again i can because i didn't do it her way. life is so confusing :small3d023:

Stay away, I got stung for $7000 on a similar deal. If it sounds to good to be true it most likely is
kemo

sorry to hear that Kimo hope you got it back. i ready don't know how those kind of people can sleep at night. i am just glad my wife and i are not like that and sleep well

If it sounds to good to be true then it is a scam.....Stay away.....

lorne that money is long gone, never saw a penny of it. I sent the money order to London Ohio and it was cashed in Great Britain. I was buying the bike outside of an eBay auction so there was nothing that eBay could do. I kind of think that it was an inside job by an eBay employee because after the auction I got an email from somebody claiming to be the seller. There was me and another guy bidding on the bike. There was a reserve bid and the auction closed. I figured the end and later that night I got the email stating that the other bidder couldn't come up with the funds so according to eBays I had the rights to buy the bike. I was new to eBay and was dumb. I learnt a $7000 lesson.
kemo

Back