free website stats program Confused about slip ons.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Confused about slip ons....

infernome2

I have read the post about slip ons on here (which specifically mentioned WG's and touring). I have an 08 Dyna Low Rider...my local HD shop told a buddy of mine that slip ons can be added with no mods. True or not true? I want to do full exhausts at some point...but if I can do slip ons for now then I will wait to pay the 1600 for exhaust work until after I get some other things done that I want. The stock exhaust sound is driving me nuts!!!

Some add slipons with no added fuel and have no problems. The new bikes are running very lean from the factory and the 02 sensors only adjust so much being a narrow band. You'll be on the edge with just slipons. Your choice here but if damage happens, they'll likely tell you it's your fault and not cover it.

I give salesmen and service advisors hell for telling customers this.A new bike with no mods will benefit from adding a little fuel.So no way is it a good idea to add pipes/slip-ons without adding fuel somehow.You might get away with,then again you might toast something expensive too.Not worth the risk for a little noise.

As long as you add one or the other,slip on's or AC, NOT both, you will be fine. Of course the dealer and most Indy's will say otherwise, they want a job. Remember, if adding both, you need to so something of your choosing to the fueling.

Back