free website stats program Confused about HD Wide Tire Kit? | Harley Davidson Forums

Confused about HD Wide Tire Kit?

risuperglide

Upon reading HD part # 43768-06, Wide Tire Kit, for late model Dyna's, it states that 2010+ Models require separate purchase of the Dunlop Front Tire.
Why is this separate purchase of the Dunlop Front tire, required? I currently have Michelin Scortchers?.....:newsmile078:

Mixing BRAND of tires is not a problem......mixing radials and biased ply tires IS the problem. I put the 180 wide Pirelli Night Dragon on the rear of my 2007 Dyna Lowrider and I couldn't be happier!

Good looking tire, great grip wet or dry conditions.

I would just buy a 180 rear tire and forget the kit. If you want the brackets for the kit, I have a set you can have (just took them off as the saddlebag kit, along with rear turn signal relocation replaced them). Just have to give me time to ship and send me 15 bucks for the brackets and shipping. PM me if you are interested. They are sitting on my workbench now and are in good condition were only on my bike about a year and 5000 miles.

I would just buy a 180 rear tire and forget the kit. If you want the brackets for the kit, I have a set you can have (just took them off as the saddlebag kit, along with rear turn signal relocation replaced them). Just have to give me time to ship and send me 15 bucks for the brackets and shipping. PM me if you are interested. They are sitting on my workbench now and are in good condition were only on my bike about a year and 5000 miles.

I have HD leather bags & already relocated the turn signal lights, I think that I am good to go! Thanks!........:hii

Hello all

I brought the wide tire kit and did not need it for my 06WG All i needed was the tire i wasted $100 but there was a difference in handle in the turns with the GT new tire 21in. I just love it i will never go back to the stock tire.

Back