free website stats program Cones | Harley Davidson Forums

Cones

Hatt

I installed cones in the exhaust to increase the horsepower. I was told I had to remove the baffels because it would blow the head gaskets due to too much back pressure. Is this true or can I keep the cones and the baffels?

I have tried the cones in the past, IMO they serve no useful purpose other than removing money from your wallet! No noticable difference in either bike I used them in.:23:

The cones are basically for exhaust reversion but with the baffles, there really isn't a need for the cones. Just run the baffles by themselves.

I also installed this power plate to the carburetor like an atamozier/turbulator. Plus the cones. Probably didn't need the cones but it is a pain to remove them so I wanted to know if it would hurt to have the baffels and the cones in the exhaust system.

1st off what pipes? what other mods have been done?
is it the 08 heritage as in the Avatar?
I also installed this power plate to the carburetor like an atamozier/turbulator. Plus the cones. Probably didn't need the cones but it is a pain to remove them so I wanted to know if it would hurt to have the baffels and the cones in the exhaust system.

The cones are basically for exhaust reversion but with the baffles, there really isn't a need for the cones. Just run the baffles by themselves.

Removing the baffels made the exhaust really loud. I was thinking about reinstalling the baffels but leaving the cones in. Will this hurt anything?

Removing the baffels made the exhaust really loud. I was thinking about reinstalling the baffels but leaving the cones in. Will this hurt anything?

Will not hurt but will not help either. The cones come into play with low restriction pipes like drag pipes and do nothing to help when you run baffles.

would V&H Big radius be considered a low restriction drag pipe, I have thought about getting some cones. I Have had 2 different shops tell me 2 different answers....one says yes and the other says not to waste my money, it won't help the V&H pipes.

Not much difference between the V&H without baffles and drags , put some baffles in and forget the cones or get a better exhaust.

Back