free website stats program condensation in gas gauge window | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

condensation in gas gauge window

Hey fellas the gas gauges fog up or build up condensation because they remind us to quit looking at them, they're not accurate anyway. :D My new ultra hasn't done that yet, it is very annoying to look at but I try to remember it's worthless anyway the new gauges are no where near close to being right. Kemo that was priceless " A high percentage do" love it.

goin for a ride while checking out bike , if its below half i stop and fill her up . ran out of gas on the shovel once never again didnt like walking , leaving bike on side of rode. pre cell phone LOL

Mine does it 3 or 4 times a year, mostly after washing her.. Us a spare hair dryer
and clears it right up!!:D

My '03 Ultra has done it ever since I bought her. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I would like to be the CEO of HD and in my board meeting tell my engineering dept. heads " Boys, I don't care what it takes, I want you to fix this condensation problem in the gauges once and for all, or else heads will roll!" :p

Park in sun or blow dry with a hairdryer. Try reel hard to get all condensation out. Take a little dab of clear drying silicon on finger and rub into gauges around glass and housing and clean up any exess. Allow to dry. Seems to have worked for me. 2- 09 Ultra Classics Good luck

Ruined my day when I read this thred! I actually thought for a while I had something to complain about with my bike, and now you tell me 'they all do that'.... Doggone.. I feel so.... ordinary!

*LOL* Actually it is nice to know it isn't something to get too worried about! Ride safe!

Back