free website stats program condensation in gas gauge window | Harley Davidson Forums

condensation in gas gauge window

roadhog381

Is there any way to stop the condensation from forming other than replacing the whole thing ?It blocks the view of the needle and makes it very hard to see.

I own a 03 E/G classic and the gas gauge does collect condensation on high humity days. The other guages are not affected.

No easy solution here, park it in the sun is probably easiest solution. Found similar problem with my speedometer (Cycle Pro) and noticed it was glass with plastic coating that after 4 years has finally started to slough off.

Funny that this post happened the day after I had to do some serious polishing to get it all off but it is clear again...! I swear my bike must be logging in and reading this stuff...!:newsmile100:

Join the club. Have not washed my bike in two weeks and have road 500 miles in that time. Bike has been sitting in the garage in the house since last ride last Saturday. I pulled out of the garage this am to go for a putt and wouldn't know both fuel and volt gauge had condensation and tach outer portion was fogged. We have had some really bad rain Monday and Tuesday.
I guess I need to get a dehumidifier to put in garage....

Back