free website stats program Computing NADA Value? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Computing NADA Value?

I always thought that the Kelly Blue Book was closer to "right price" instead of NADA. ?

I thought the Kelly Blue Book was more accurate too!

CatWoman :rider

The banks and your dealer use NADA to give values.

I remember from going through this with a couple of cars - the seller/trader (us) wants to use Kelly since it gives a higher value. The buyer/banks (them) want to use NADA since it gives a lower value. Which is right or more accurate? Only the market can determine this. We just have to always remember that these are starting figures, able to be negotiated up or down depending on dozens of factors. Way too many sellers look up the Kelly value for their bike or car and then add every mod they can think of that they've done and then won't budge off their price. Very unrealistic.

I always look at both of them as a guideline. Then take an average...pick a figure in the middle ground that I am comfortable with.
To me, this is a more realistic approach.

I don't use the valuation books as a guidline.If I am selling I check the classified and dealer adds,paper and online to get an idea of values in my area.I do the same when I am purchasing.I also always sell my vehicles out right I don't use them as a trade in.I have always found I can get a better deal on my purchase that way.

NADA can give you some reference point but the market place determines real price. Recently I was looking for a slide in camper. NADA says $1500 for value but I can't find the one I am looking for anywhere in the country for less than $3200.00 private sale. A significant difference.

NADA, and KBB, are just "guidelines" A starting place to figure a value. When you trade in a bike, the dealer is going to start at the lowest price he can argue. When you are selling your bike, you will use the highest price that you can argue.
Craigslist, Ebay, Cycletrader, all offer comparos, but? jut because someone is asking for a price, doesn't mean the bike will fetch that amount.
Some models are more popular, and sell quicker, thus raising the price, other's aren't so popular, and the price reflects that.
Just because the book says the value is x amount, that doesn't mean you will find one, or that you will find a buyer for your bike

Also you will find that the prices posted by NADA and KBB are an "averaged" figure by averaging the same bike in poor condition and the top of the line in condition unless it is stated to pick the condition of the bike when looking up the price.
Your bike may be in much better condition than the "average" bike is and as such may bring a better price.

What a bike will sell for right now is hard to figure.
This week I looked at a Very nice 2009 RG with a few nice mods 5,000 miles sticker at Dealer was 15,400 and you know if thats sticker you have some room to work.

I agree. The economy being as bad as it is,a person with cash money,can buy lots of bargains compared to NADA and KBB pricing.
If you are trying to trade,not so much. Dealers are all trying to keep inventory to a minimum,and had rather you sell your bike,or get your bike at a low ball price so they can get it off the inventory ASAP

Back