free website stats program Computer virus | Harley Davidson Forums

Computer virus

glider

Veteran Member

The newest virus circulating is the UPS/Fed Ex Delivery Failure. You will receive an email from UPS/Fed Ex Service along with a packet number.. It will say that they were unable to deliver a package sent to you on such-and-such a date. It then asks you to print out the invoice copy attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES THE VIRUS! Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home. This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days.
Snopes confirms that it is real.
snopes.com: UPS/FedEx/DHL Delivery Failure

This first appeared in jul 2008 and deliverd some sort of fraudulent security/antivirus package that told you your computer was infected and invited you to pay to have the viruses removed if you payed then they gave you 2 additonal programmes that did the same
since it first started ive seen over 250 computers with this sort of infection and have become fairly competant at removing them
there is a free programme available that helps to remove this type of infection
its called malwarebytes and is available for download from Malwarebytes.org
if you are already infected it may stop malwarebytes from being installed so best to have it installed so you are ready just in case

Brian

Thanks for the heads up Glider.

I wonder, are you a Harley mechanic, computer geek, advice columnist, philosopher or all of the above? It seems as though you have it all under control. My hat is off to you. :worthy:hii

You certanly are a busy little devil, and always looking out for everyone else.

Thanks alot!

Thanks for the heads up Glider.

I wonder, are you a Harley mechanic, computer geek, advice columnist, philosopher or all of the above? It seems as though you have it all under control. My hat is off to you. :worthy:hii

You certanly are a busy little devil, and always looking out for everyone else.

Thanks alot!

This :worthy is a bit much...

Back