free website stats program Complete Oil Change (softail) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Complete Oil Change (softail)

Just did a complete oil change. First time for me. Used Mobil 1 V Twin. Only had one problem; tube fell off oil return line when purging. Big mess. Didn't even need "special" tool to remove oil line. Just squeezed clip with my fingers. Everything else went good. Thanks Mr. Data for such easy to follow instructions. Next week I'm gonna do trans and primary. Maybe adjust clutch too. :D

Did this oil change this week, worked out perfectly, engine even runs about 15 deg cooler.
i'll be doing it this way every time i change the oil now. thanks for the instructions Mr. Data.
for the extra quart of oil this is well worth it, even after a couple runs this week oil is still the same color from when i added it.

I have a 2010 Softail Deluxe that the army shipped to Germany for me. They made me drain all fluids out of the bike before they would ship it. I cannot find any literature online about how to properly do an oil change, to include amount of oil (Syn3) to put back into each of the reservoirs. Please help!!!

Wouldnt it be easier to do if instead of pulling the oil line to just run without the filter until it runs clean?

Running without the filter interrupts the oil flow to the engine where removing the line doesn't.

TC and EVO engines are just reversed as far as the oil flow direction through the system.

Back