free website stats program Compensator/Stator on newer models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Compensator/Stator on newer models

Yeah for the recall on the saddlebag retaining pins.:newsmile070: I will be checking the battery but how do you check the compression releases, or is this why you suggested the dealer? Thanks!

You are under warranty, anything that doesn't seem right is prime for a warranty repair. If the CRs aren't working or your battery is dying an early death, it isn't YOUR problem until the warranty is over.

I apologize to all!! I did mean the compensator.

It doesn't really have a distinct sound that makes me think it is failing, just kind of slow to start when hot or operating temperature. Kind of like the battery being weak.

Sorry again for my bad information.

Ah, ok, you had me worried about my stator! LOL! My 2010 RKC compensator failed and was replaced under warranty with the second run redesigned one . Its been fine ever since. As others have said here, let the warranty look after you...

Be respectful but firm when dealing with the service dept when you believe you have an issue. I think part of their training is to tell the customer that's just normal with Harleys.:newsmile055:

If that were the case then why do we need warranty!!

Just wondering if anyone knows if the newer models have had the same problem with the stators failing, like the older bikes did? I had a 2008 Ultra which did fail and now have a 2014 that sounds like it is weakening. Or am I just paranoid and hearing things?
Thanks for any thoughts!
"CompenSAVER" That's what I installed in my Primary. How can you tell if its going bad? I can't say for sure on every Harley but on my bike at shut down, the bike had excessive clanking noise. I also had a grinding noise when trying to start the bike when it was very hot.
BTW, My bike is a 2009 96CI Ultra. After installing the CompenSAVER with a new Comp, I have not had an issue with the bike.:D

Compensaver - Home

I guess that you could get a new Comp and glue on the drip deflectors that direct the flow of oil to the hub of the Comp. I chose what I thought was a better, more logical and mechanically sound option.

When I had my Cam installed a year ago .I asked the tech to remove the primary cover and inspect the Comp. They told me it looked good and asked me about that "little Doo Dad in there". :bigsmiley22:
So, it is working well.
As with everything, you Mileage May Vary.

Back