free website stats program Compensator/Stator on newer models | Harley Davidson Forums

Compensator/Stator on newer models

Biffy08

Just wondering if anyone knows if the newer models have had the same problem with the stators failing, like the older bikes did? I had a 2008 Ultra which did fail and now have a 2014 that sounds like it is weakening. Or am I just paranoid and hearing things?
Thanks for any thoughts!

Just wondering if anyone knows if the newer models have had the same problem with the stators failing, like the older bikes did? I had a 2008 Ultra which did fail and now have a 2014 that sounds like it is weakening. Or am I just paranoid and hearing things?
Thanks for any thoughts!

From what I've read here and elsewhere the redesigned stator on the newer models has worked out pretty well and has not failed like the older ones.

I join the curious, what does a failing stator sound like? There are no moving parts. Might it be the compensator to which you refer?

From what I've read here and elsewhere the redesigned stator on the newer models has worked out pretty well and has not failed like the older ones.

My reply should have said compensator not stator. The latest design of the compensator has been pretty much trouble free from everything I've read and heard.

I'm thinking the OP may mean the same thing.

If indeed the OP is talking about the comp sprocket it should be the newest model , the bike being a 14 model should be in the shop for warranty work IMO
2 years unlimited mileage

I apologize to all!! I did mean the compensator.

It doesn't really have a distinct sound that makes me think it is failing, just kind of slow to start when hot or operating temperature. Kind of like the battery being weak.

Sorry again for my bad information.

Might be time to check the automatic compression releases and charging voltage. Have a reason to go to the dealer any time soon?

Might be time to check the automatic compression releases and charging voltage. Have a reason to go to the dealer any time soon?

Yeah for the recall on the saddlebag retaining pins.:newsmile070: I will be checking the battery but how do you check the compression releases, or is this why you suggested the dealer? Thanks!

Back