free website stats program compensator gear | Harley Davidson Forums

compensator gear

nascar7613

I have been trying to find out if there is anyone who is making different tooth count compensator gears for 07 and later. I would like to go a couple teeth smaller to get a little more punch on the bottom. If anyone knows of one please reply. Thanks.

Evolution industries makes one but it is a solid hub and not a compensator hub. I wouldn't change the gearing on the 96, you may be looking for trouble.:s

Wellllll....The 110 is slated for a recall for a few things that HD will notify the owners about shortly. It also shares problems with the cranks the same as some 96's do but emphasized more with the addition of more power.
By removing the compensator and going with a solid pulley like the evolution setup, you are stressing a weak link (crank) even more than before. Crank run out that comes from a poor design has caused replacement in more than one crank in the 96.

You might give the folks at BDL a call. I know they make a 24 tooth in the new compensator, but don't know if they make them with over 25 for the twincams. At least you'll retain the softening effect for the crankshaft.

Back