free website stats program compensating sprocket/ clutch basket sprocket. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

compensating sprocket/ clutch basket sprocket.

Your MM injected Road King already has a higher sprocket ratio than the typical carbed bikes or newer Delphi injected bikes. Considering you have a 5-speed, changing to yet higher ratio (if available) will only make the bike wind tighter at highway speeds.

Here is the 3.37 setup on your Road King: 24T comp sprocket with 37T ring gear and should run 2500rpm @ 56mph and 3500rpm @ 78mph.

Typical 5-speed touring bikes have a 3.15 setup: 25T comp sprocket with 36T ring gear and run 2500rpm @ 60mph and 3500rpm @ 84mph.

Are you looking to setup the bike for drag racing? You sure you want to do this?

This right here is why I was asking!! Not so much the drag racing aspect of it but winding the eng. up tighter than what it was spec'd out at Moco! Unless you start changing some things internally........ Remember if you wind a rubber band up to tight it will break - yea I know bad analogy, but my point being!!

Back