free website stats program Compensater sprocket | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Compensater sprocket

Ok not fixed .......i just don't get it......it comes and goes....one time it will hit other times it won't.....ran it sunday for a couple hours at different speeds.....different rev points .........ran it hard .....lugged it some trying to see when it might hit and it never did.......the way i see it the nut is torqued to the crank so in theroy it can not hit the case unless the crank is walking......but if the crank walks that much....ie 1/4 inch then something sould have broken in tne engine like pushrods or piston rods........or flywheels should be hitting inside the case making some ungodly noise but that is not the case.....I have read my manual and can find no reason for this.....Thanks for the help.
Blvd:(

Just a shot in the dark here but is there anything like nut/bolt/washer that dropped in the oil/housing that floating around and gets in between once in awhile?.

If your crank walks 1/4" side to side, there will be a lots of knocking noises at all speed. Just a though.

Nope nothing in the case but whats supposed to be there....lol...dang strangest thing i ever heard of ......You would think if any movement of internal parts you would hear that ......Gentlemen i just don't know....i hate to say it but i guess i need to take it to harley....but i think it would be less expensive to juat buy a new s&s engine....lol
Blvd

Back