free website stats program Comparison of the HD Modular Helmet vs Shark Evoline 2 helmet | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Comparison of the HD Modular Helmet vs Shark Evoline 2 helmet

Thought I would add to this, since I am in CA now where there is a much nicer motorcycle superstore that had just about every helmet imaginable, including the Shark. I did have the chance to just try it on and thought I would add my 2 cents, since I have the same comparison having the HD Modular and this one.

- Overall much better quality built helmet than the HD (or HJC rebranded one)
- Solid look and feel shifts easily between the various styles and really like the extra pull down shield in it for the glare
- Biggest disappointment and it makes sense to me. the chin protector has 0 padding in it. This is a deal breaker for me as without padding I would just go with a regular 3 quarter

Overall, I liked the helmet, but the chin seemed pointless to me as a full face. That is just my opinion. I also tried on a Shoei Modular that I really liked! Not sure of the model, but fit was really nice with additional chin flap to prevent air from coming in from under it.

I have been using the helmet for almost a year, I use the chin when its cold, or raining, and when I am in bad areas for accidents in the morning coming to work.

I still love this helmet although I did have to take a little more styrene out, also now they have upgraded with a place to put speakers which was a pain on my version

Thought I would add to this, since I am in CA now where there is a much nicer motorcycle superstore that had just about every helmet imaginable, including the Shark. I did have the chance to just try it on and thought I would add my 2 cents, since I have the same comparison having the HD Modular and this one.

- Overall much better quality built helmet than the HD (or HJC rebranded one)
- Solid look and feel shifts easily between the various styles and really like the extra pull down shield in it for the glare
- Biggest disappointment and it makes sense to me. the chin protector has 0 padding in it. This is a deal breaker for me as without padding I would just go with a regular 3 quarter

Overall, I liked the helmet, but the chin seemed pointless to me as a full face. That is just my opinion. I also tried on a Shoei Modular that I really liked! Not sure of the model, but fit was really nice with additional chin flap to prevent air from coming in from under it.

The HD model didn't have much chin padding either, compared to a true, full face helmet. HD could put more in, given how their model just flips up. But I wanted the versatility design in the shark. If the shark had more padding in the chin, it would not be able to flip around and lock out of the wind. I wanted one helmet that would span be riding in 8 degrees this past winter and today it is supposed to be 96F here with very high humidity. In a crash, if I had the Shark in "full face" mode, having something there is better than my chin digging into the asphalt. I understand your point and appreciate your opinion. The Shark in full face mode is nice when a storm rolls up, since I ride in the rain, and it does keep the wind off of you when it is cold.

The HD model didn't have much chin padding either, compared to a true, full face helmet. HD could put more in, given how their model just flips up. But I wanted the versatility design in the shark. If the shark had more padding in the chin, it would not be able to flip around and lock out of the wind. I wanted one helmet that would span be riding in 8 degrees this past winter and today it is supposed to be 96F here with very high humidity. In a crash, if I had the Shark in "full face" mode, having something there is better than my chin digging into the asphalt. I understand your point and appreciate your opinion. The Shark in full face mode is nice when a storm rolls up, since I ride in the rain, and it does keep the wind off of you when it is cold.

I would agree regarding the stealth, Modular, that it could use more padding, that is why I liked the Shoei that I tried on.

As I noted, I do understand they could not flip it around the way they do if they had padding on it.

Back