free website stats program comments please on a 1987 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

comments please on a 1987 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

I may have what you are looking for. I had an '86 FLHTC that had a backrest similar to this bike. I removed it in favor of the TourPak. I believe the backrest is still in my attic.
Let me know if you still have it, and don't need it any longer. I have been loking for a while-I first wanted a quick detach-kit, but have almost given up on finding one. I would gladly settle for sometning I could bolt on and off.-Thanx

I had an '86 and it was a great bike after I had a few issues that I took care of. I did a few trips to Sturgis (from Seattle) with no problems. The only thing that you may look out for are the lousey plastic connectors and old wiring. Corrosion builds up on the pins and then troubleshooting time. The old EVO's are almost bullit proof, HD wasn't sure how the new motor would be so the earlier ones were built stronger. Good luck.

I had an '86 and it was a great bike after I had a few issues that I took care of. I did a few trips to Sturgis (from Seattle) with no problems. The only thing that you may look out for are the lousey plastic connectors and old wiring. Corrosion builds up on the pins and then troubleshooting time. The old EVO's are almost bullit proof, HD wasn't sure how the new motor would be so the earlier ones were built stronger. Good luck.

I will agree with you on the bulletproof part. I opened mine up at about 60k expecting to see significant cylinder wear. The cross hatching from the factory hone job was still fully visible. I changed cams, milled the heads, and had the valves done. Dyno showed she was making a little over 70 HP and I put another 70k on her without ever opening the motor again. Still running strong when I sold it.

Nice bike i have a 1988 and had well over 150k on it before i rebuilt it last spring. I love the bike.

Back