free website stats program Commander 2 tires on a 05 RK police | Harley Davidson Forums

Commander 2 tires on a 05 RK police

tguido

Has anybody had gripping problems with Mich, Commander 2 tires in damp/wet weather ?? Seems they loose grip in rainny weather .

That has not been My experience.Michelin Commander ll's are superior in ride and grip to OEM Dunlop's.I put 18,000 on My last set.Traded for new bike.Can't wait for Dunlop's to wear out or cup,so I can go to Michelin.

That has not been My experience.Michelin Commander ll's are superior in ride and grip to OEM Dunlop's.I put 18,000 on My last set.Traded for new bike.Can't wait for Dunlop's to wear out or cup,so I can go to Michelin.
Thanks for your reply. While I got great milage out of my last set of Mich. Comm. 2. I was concerned about my slipping on wet roads. Not hydroplaning just pure gripping of road while road is wet. No hot dogging or anything of that nature. I have plenty of miles left on my Comm. 2 that I'm running now. Have approx.10,000 miles on front an rear. When I connect my sidecar , my milage on tyres goes way down. Approx 6- 7,000 front an rear. Sidecar get approx. 7-8,000. All according how rough the road is also how I ride. Plus whether it's hiway or not. Thanks for all replys.

I ran Dunlops for years and years. In 2015 I had a set of Michelin Commanders put on and within 5 minutes or so I realized my scooter was handling like a different bike. Much better than the Dunlops. For me there is no comparison.

Back