free website stats program Coming Home via U-HAUL TRUCK | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Coming Home via U-HAUL TRUCK

Is this an issue to be conserned about with all harleys ? Mine is an 09 soft tain night train and i don't have many miles yet but plan on keeping her a long time .

I had a 04 UC with 41k miles and before I sold it, checked the tensioners. They weren't as bad as I thought they might be, but I changed them anyway. Not a hard job, but having the spring tool really helped.

After reading the horror stories about the cam chain tensioner shoes, I ask my dealer what they thought. I was told that Harley reccommends checking both at the 30,000 mile mark. Mine was right at that milage and to get rid of the worry I had them install the S&S gear plate with andrews cams. No more worry!

Is this an issue to be conserned about with all harleys ? Mine is an 09 soft tain night train and i don't have many miles yet but plan on keeping her a long time .
it's been "updated" on the newer bikes. You should have no worries........about that anyway:s

Back