free website stats program Comfort/Reach: Reach or Sundowner? | Harley Davidson Forums

Comfort/Reach: Reach or Sundowner?

frocco

Hello,

I am having a hard time backing up my street glide.
Currently have the Sundowner seat, will the Reach seat be any better?
How is the comfort compared?

Thanks

Frank

Hello,

I am having a hard time backing up my street glide.
Currently have the Sundowner seat, will the Reach seat be any better?
How is the comfort compared?

Thanks

Frank

I had the Reach seat on my 05 RK. It has a less padding than the Sundowner but it was fine for everyday riding. The seat definitely moves you closer to the bars and helps get both feet flat on the ground.

A few things... how tall are you? Does your feet stand flat when stopped at a stoplight ? Could me a number of things making it hard to back up. If your feet have to stretch to be flat while bike is stopped is chances are you have the wrong seat...

Bummer, my feet are not flat at a stop light. My inseam is only 26 3/4
I hate to lose the confort of the Sundowner, but I can hardly back the bike out of my garage.

Oh, it is an 09 Street Glide.

Thanks

Bummer, my feet are not flat at a stop light. My inseam is only 26 3/4
I hate to lose the confort of the Sundowner, but I can hardly back the bike out of my garage.

Oh, it is an 09 Street Glide.

Thanks

I too am vertically challenged. I put the Reach on my '03 UC, and really love it! Moved the center of gravity forward slightly and down!! Bike feels MUCH more stable now, and I have no trouble moving the bike around within reason. If I have to push it up an incline, I do still need to get off and manhandle it, but normal stuff is no problem. The seat is comfortable enough for everyday riding. If I was going on a long trip, I might consider a more padded seat, but maybe not. I really like the stable feeling of the bike now.

TQ

Being vertically challenged is not something you can help..... physically. There are things you can do to be comfortable on almost any Harley. Make sure you are comfortable and safe by looking around for a seat that you can hold up the bike while standing flat footed on the ground. Pushing a 800 pound motorcycle backwards especially if you have to turn can be dangerous. Riding and handling your bike thru a crowed parking lot will not be a problem if you fit yourself to it propertly.

I had a Reach Seat and didn't like it. It does what it says but wasn't very comfortable. It was hard and will crunch your buddies up... Sent it back and modified the seat that came with my EG.

I had the rider backrest put on my StreetGlide and found that it made it alot easier to back up. I have since installed the Sundowner seat and no longer need to use the backrest to "push" with. Now I only use the backrest on long trips. The sundowner is definately more comfy than the stock seat. However, I do have a 34" inseam.

I sent my stock seat to Mean City cycles, they narrowered and lowered it and I was very pleased. I can run out a tank of fuel with mostly no problem. My son has a reach on his RK and he whines so I have to stop and let him rest and recover. He has rode my bike and says the he loves the seat on mine. Hey I can ride him into the ground and I'm 55 and he's 29.:D:newsmile062:

The Sundowner deep bucket seat will move you foward and down. It gives some more room to the passenger also. I got one by mistake. Im 6' tall with 32" inseam so it was not good for me. I traded it for the regular Sundowner seat and really like it.

Back