free website stats program Cometic Rocker Box Gasket install | Harley Davidson Forums

Cometic Rocker Box Gasket install

I am in the process in replacing the rocker box gaskets because one of the lower one piece gaskets was leaking. I got cometic gaskets which are metal and one piece. I do not know which side to place up when installing. Should I put the side up where I can read the imprint of the part number? I do not want to have to do this job twice because I put them in upside down.

Thanks

I am in the process in replacing the rocker box gaskets because one of the lower one piece gaskets was leaking. I got cometic gaskets which are metal and one piece. I do not know which side to place up when installing. Should I put the side up where I can read the imprint of the part number? I do not want to have to do this job twice because I put them in upside down.

Thanks

Cometic Gasket, Inc. or call J P 800 number:s

I have used the hd metal lower rocker gaskets on an evo engine or 2 and had the part numbers up i haven't yet had any trouble with them

Brian

I called Cometic technical service line and the guy looked up the drawing on CAD and told me that it did not matter which way they were put in as long as the holes lined up. I'm going with the part numbers up.

Back