free website stats program Combo Analog Speedometer / Tach Install | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Combo Analog Speedometer / Tach Install

So here is the update guys:

The install took less than 10 minutes. I followed the directions and hooked up the new speedometer to the computer (ECU or whatever it's called) while the old speedo was still attached to the dash. From what I read, older bikes like mine, store the mileage on the actual speedo while newer bikes store it on the computer. My assumption is that when I hooked up the new speedo, the mileage went from the old speedo through the computer to the new speedo. I then disconnected the new speedo from the ECU and then installed it on the dash. The new speedo showed exactly the same mileage as my old one. It even had the same mileage on the trip meter (only for "B", not "A", for some reason). The new tach on the speedo worked right away BUT as soon as I plugged the new speedo in, the old tach stopped working even though it is still plugged in.

As stated in the instructions, the current gear selected does not work due to the age of my bike, neither does the mileage to empty. The fuel gauge seems to be more accurate than the old one though.

Thank you everyone.

Another update. The gear selector DOES work eventhough the manual said it would not. Have to be rolling for it to work though. Its a nice feature to have.

From what I read that combo will only work on bikes build 2004 and later?
Seems like I'm (EDIT) with my 2003 FXSTSI. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back