free website stats program Combo Analog Speedometer / Tach Install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Combo Analog Speedometer / Tach Install

My local dealer finally had a 20% off sale. Total cost for the speedo/tach was $388. It was easy to install and works like a charm. I had them program the mileage. Mine looks and probably is the same as the pic sportsterxlch posted. I'm pleased to have another means of keeping an eye on the engine, I like a tach and still don't understand why the MOCO doesn't put them on every bike unless it's so they can sell me an expensive aftermarket piece of equipment. Anyway, its plug and play. If I can do it so can most anyone.
Ishmael

Hey, let us know if these now ones have the HD FOG problem the stock ones have. Down the road it would almost be worth the price for that improvment alone.

Hey, let us know if these now ones have the HD FOG problem the stock ones have. Down the road it would almost be worth the price for that improvment alone.
I installed one in my 05 Deuce right after I bought it and it was still fog free when I sold it in 09 with 47,000 miles and a lot washing and getting caught in the rain on it.

For those of you that have the combo speedo/tach model 70900070, if you looked closely at the box it came in, you should have noticed that the box said, "Made in Switzerland".

So this might be a good thing. If it is anything like a "Swiss" made watch, then this should be a quality product.

Just had one installed on my bike and I love it, the tach and gear indicator make it worth every penny. And the box does say made in Switzerland. I got the spun aluminum gauge as they said the all black wasnt made for my bike even though the website says it it. Either way it looks great on the bike. Good luck!

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7050-speedo_tach.jpg

On the digital side its the same as the speedo that comes stock, ie; mileage, time, trip a, trip b, I usually leave mine on the time. On the bottom of the screen underneath the time is a digital gas gauge and above the gas reading it will display gears 1-5 as a small number. In 6th gear a bright green 6 highlights on the speedo itself above the digital reading cutout, same goes for the engine check light, alarm system etc.. as for the rpm its analog and it does not diplay digital as far as i know. Nothing mentioned in the manual and havent seen it cycling thru the settings. Its a very good speedo and looks better than some of the other harley speedo/tach combos. They do have other combos like Km/mph etc..the gear indicator and tach are a blessing. Hope this helps!

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7047-power_on.jpg

Back