free website stats program Combined revcounter and speedometer | Harley Davidson Forums

Combined revcounter and speedometer

I am thinking of fitting a combined speedo revcounter to my 2008 nightrain.I want to fit a brushed aluminium faced one i have seen in the harley parts book.Does anyone know where the revcounter is wired to i asume the speedo is a straight plug in to the original plug.I am also open for peoples opinions on the quality of these units.They are quite expensive so i want to fit it myself and then take it to the dealer to reinstate the milage.

I'm looking to make this change on my Dyna. Talked to three or four people who have done this and they say it is simple, just plug the new unit in. The Service Manual wiring diagram shows the wires that activate the tach (revcounter) are a subset of those going to the speedo, so the wiring is internal.

The local dealer has been upgrading a few of his leftover '09s with these units, to enhance their appeal. The quality, to me, looks as good as the stock units and the cost reasonable considering the price of a separate tach, housing, and mounting bracket.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info i did not want to mess about altering wireing as this is not the case i think i will go for one.I am not sure whether to go with brushed ali or a black faced one.I have a nightrain with a true fire paint job and i want to keep the discreet look i will have to think about it thanks again.

Back