free website stats program Combination Speed/Tachometer on Heritage 2008? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Combination Speed/Tachometer on Heritage 2008?

I asked Harley parts man, he thinks the speedo plugs have been changed in 2008 model, different from the 2007.

Al

I have the speedo/tach combo in the "Nostalia" format'. Installed July of 2007 and now with more than 30000 miles I'm glad I did. It's a quick glimpse to my tank for me to see both the RPM's and speed. It's easy on my eyes and at night is illuminated nicely. Well worth the investment.
richdr

I'm thinking about replacing the speedometer on my Heritage 2008 by the Combination Speed/Tachometer from HD. Anybody already tried this? Any impressions?

Thanks

Mauricio
I put the combo on my 2007 Heritage and after 30K miles I am happy to report: I LOVE IT! It has great visibility when riding and it's easy to focus quickly on tach or speedo--as needed. I also have the 6th gear light and an amber light to warn me of low fuel. Along with two trip meter functions I can keep track of mileage across two different settings, ie: miles per gallon per tank, and total miles ridden on trip. The $500 was money well spent!
richdr

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ha...I think the spun aluminum with 08 in the part number has all the functions

I don't see in any of the forums that anyone has answered the ABS light concern. Some say its there and others say not. I have 09 RK and just purchased the Speedo/Tach model 74753-08. Looking at the guage face it doesn't look like there is a spot for the ABS indicator light? Has anyone confirmed this? I was hoping that I wasn't loosing any functionality from the stock guage.

Ed

I would be more concerned about lost DIAGNOSTICS function...are you able to enable it when pressing the odometer knob?

I would be more concerned about lost DIAGNOSTICS function...are you able to enable it when pressing the odometer knob?

That's another concern...I haven't installed it yet, but looking at the stock speedo there's a cut out in the gauge face for the ABS indicator light. I don't see that on the new one. I'll have to install it and see how it goes.

If you have not cracked open the package...I would find out compatibility issues first...this item was a special order, but HD dealer worth his salt would have checked that before they filled the order, so this part of customer service should rest with them!

I finally got around to installing the speedo/Tach combo on my 09 RK and everything is there. It has all the indicator lights plus the all of the digital readout funtionality - I lost nothing. The thing looks great - Nice improvement over the bland stock gauge. And the dealer didn't screw up the mileage reinstatement either.

Back