free website stats program COLOUR Vs BLACK | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

COLOUR Vs BLACK

I have to agree with Richard. My buddy has a beauty of a RK, white and blue with tons of chrome. Classic! I was set to buy a RK but liked the looks of the SG. Not a fan of the SG in plain black. Bagless bikes look good to me in black due to the lack of surface area. The only reason I wish my bike was vivid black would be to do some custom paint. JMO.

Well I like color and I always thought the "lack" of color was black, all colors combined together become white! Just playing around. personally I like color, and though black is the "DeFacto standard...f"rom the Henry Ford Days...there is still plenty of room for color. And yes like Fin_676 says Italian bikes and cars DO look better in RED...think Ducati and Ferrari LOL! There is TRADITION after all! :D

Last edited:
Black? No way. It has to be red hot sunglow. However, I could go for a two-tone red hot sunglo and merlot which to the untrained eye, in the dark, could look sorta black. But get that baby into the sun and WOW!!!! like they say, "if it's black, take it back (and paint it a real color...). Black, red, creamsicle, who cares as long as it's your HD!

I have had a number of black bikes and cars but the recent purchase of a Black Pearl Flhx. The pearl makes it nice as it doesnt show dirt like my other blacks...I do really like the Ice finish I have seen on a few at the dealership has a nice look to it.

Does black cherry count?

I was looking for Vivid Black, found the right deal on Black Cherry. Love it!!
When you are not in direct light it looks black, when in sunlight it's so nice looking. It's almost as hard as vivid black to keep spotless though.

You know, after I made my post on this earlier, I forgot my favorite color bike that I ever owned over 40+ years of riding, my Aqua-Pearl Heritage....
I LOVED that color combo!

CatHeritage3-1-2.jpg

Sold that bike years ago and still miss it to this day!!!!!

This is one of my favorite color combos out there.....if it was available in '09 I would have gotten it......very cool

My first HD was 1996 Softail Custom that was painted in the limited edition color for that year, kind of a "aqua green" and cream color that really was sharp. I was an idiot for trading that bike when I got the UC, which is Black Pearl Metallic. Somehow it didn't seem right to get that big bike in any other color than what I'd buy for a big Mercedes, Bimmer, or Audi. It had to be black or a variant of it. I thought the vivid black was just a little too stark without the contrasts to set-off the bikes curves and lines. The Black Pearl however did, and the little bit of flake in the clear just helped pop those reflections. A couple of the two-tones are pretty nice on those bikes too, but that black pearl was the clincher for me.

An HD that is black is definately beautiful!! But last year when I saw my 09 FLSTC in Deep Turq./Antique White I had to have it!! Just kinda hit me as "old school" looking.

That is an amazing looking bike! Especially with the white walls. I must admit that color scheme made me take notice. Good catch!

Ditto - I saw this bike on an HD advert on YouTube and thought it looks beeeeaaauuuuutifull.
But my bike is black and chrome.:s

I'll tell you how much I miss it.....I actually fantasize about finding that very bike and buying it back. I wish there was a way to find it!!!

Like that and the coffee and creamHeritage

Back