free website stats program COLOUR Vs BLACK | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

COLOUR Vs BLACK

Re: COLOR Vs BLACK

I sort of went the other direction - white (white/pewter). I went back and forth between white and red - and the white just stood out. It also pretty easy to spot in a crowd ;-) The seat and bags are black - does that count???

I'm surprised we are down the third page and Drumrguy was the only one to comment on how hard black is to keep clean, also the lightest, smallest scratch sticks out like a sore thumb, you can't even look at it with out leaving a scratch. Wipe your bare hand across it, you got scratches. You park it in the sun and everything shows. I have had more problems with black bikes in the showroom as well as customers bikes than any custom paint job or color. Black is beautiful but, and I love it, but it's kinda like a springer front end, high maintenance.

My last bike, Softail Deluxe, was Black Pearl. Now my Ultra is Black Pearl. I like that color, but I am mostly partial to solid color bikes. I know I am the exception, but I always liked solid VS two tone. All my vehicles have been solid colors. I guess I am a little weird about this. :p

You know, after I made my post on this earlier, I forgot my favorite color bike that I ever owned over 40+ years of riding, my Aqua-Pearl Heritage....
I LOVED that color combo!

CatHeritage3-1-2.jpg

Sold that bike years ago and still miss it to this day!!!!!

Richard, I don't think I could ever get rid of something that looks that nice.

For the several years that I knew wanted to have a bike someday I knew it would be Black or maybe White but when I walked into the showroom and saw an Cobalt Blue and Brilliant Silver Fatboy I knew that was the one for me.

For the several years that I knew wanted to have a bike someday I knew it would be Black or maybe White but when I walked into the showroom and saw an Cobalt Blue and Brilliant Silver Fatboy I knew that was the one for me.
That's kind of what happened to me David. I was looking for a blue bike & then saw the creamscycle & that was all she wrote. I had to have it. Blue, what blue? LOL

I'm partial to black. (could be cuz it's cheaper to buy) Yes it's a chore to keep clean and scratches show up quicker, but it just looks so darn good when it's clean.

Back