free website stats program Colorado | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Colorado

SJ... I'm a former Colorado Springs resident, had to move away since my line of work dried up. Miss it terribly and go back as often as I can. My folks live about 20 miles north and east of C.Springs, the area is called Black Forest due to lots of pine trees. Also some open areas too, lots of 5 acre mini ranches and horse properties. Definitely some good deals on real estate there now compared to a few years ago.

Rob, My daughter and brother in law lived in the Springs for about 5 years. We really enjoyed it there. We plan on looking west of I-25. I also plan on just riding around in the area you just mentioned. We think CO is a great place. I also have a 650 KLR which will be a hoot.

I was just out there last weekend to pick up my kids after getting spoiled by the grandparents for a couple weeks. I rode out there on the bike over July 4th. I love riding out there, low humidity, not so many bugs as here in the humid midwest. I'd be back there in a minute if I could find a decent job. I'm not a huge fan of Denver, mainly because it's so big now... lived there in the late 80's when it was a 'small town' compared to today!

We had a cabin and some land up near Fairplay... sold that a while back when we figured it would be many years before we could live close enough to enjoy it again.

One thing about Colorado, everything is clustered around Denver...go out 100 miles and huh...where did everybody go? Had relatives living in residential area near Littleton...! But the beautiful country, is outside that circle, been to Colorado Springs and number of towns, just be prepared for the 4 seasons if you are not used to it.

What are these 4 seasons of which you speak LOL, coming out of MN. I kind of miss spring and fall, here in Florida we have summer and summer:p

We have lived in CO since 1998. Lived in Fountain, just south of Colorado Springs. Now we live in Pueblo West, north of highway 50 is all 1 acre or larger lots, and south of 50 is typical neighborhoods... Rich areas and normal areas... Just depends on what you are really looking for. Lots of amazing deals on houses down this way right now.

I'm in southeast Aurora. It's east of Denver next to Centennial and Parker. Tons of great rides through the plains, I've been exploring various routes between here and the Springs that involve wide open spaces and no traffic. Easy access to back routes for getting to the Front Range and into the mountains. I think I've got the best of both worlds with mountains to the west and prairie to the east

The Million Dollar Hwy (550 to Durango) is on my bucket list. Can't think of the name of the Pass but I've seen pictures and there was a show on Discovery about it. Looks like an AWESOME ride!

The Million Dollar Hwy (550 to Durango) is on my bucket list. Can't think of the name of the Pass but I've seen pictures and there was a show on Discovery about it. Looks like an AWESOME ride!

Red Mountain is the pass. Just remember to take your time and see the sights. Plus the road can be very dangerious.
We ride it two or more times a year.
It starts in Ouray, to Silverton.

:newsmile078:

Red Mountain is the pass. Just remember to take your time and see the sights. Plus the road can be very dangerious.
We ride it two or more times a year.
It starts in Ouray, to Silverton.

:newsmile078:

And when it says 10MPH it means it, turns are tight and most time no guard rails...but worth it.

Ya I need to get down that way, maybe next year. This year I will have western Montana about worn out, so time to head farther south I guess

Back