Colorado fires

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Jeff Klarich, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

So far the Colorado forest fires have claimed 360 homes destroyed and 38,000 people displaced. Say a little prayer for rain.

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Stay safe, wild fires aint pretty, we had a mess here a few years back, ash and smoke every where

3. glazier

glazier Junior Member

If you need to evacuate and feel like driving to Dallas, I got room at my place. Don't know how close the fires are to you, but keep it in mind and stay safe.

4. Jeff Klarich

Thanks for the offer, the fire is about 40 miles south of me so no worries here. I think Webbtron is closer to it then me.

5. glazier

glazier Junior Member

Webbtron is welcome too if needed. He knows the way. He rode right past here on his way to Florida. Only problem is, its about 99* today and tomorrow, so it might feel like we're in the middle of the fire. Going to the Rangers baseball game tonight. Bought tickets a month ago cause I figured it wouldn't be too hot yet. Boy was I wrong :(

6. Jeff Klarich

I feel your pain, been in the mid to hi 90's here as well but the great thing about Colorado is, very low humidity. Have a blast at the game.

7. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

By the looks of what I've seen on the news, you guys need a lot of big prayers for rain.

Here's to mother nature giving you guys a reprieve from all the fires with a nice drenching 3 days long shower and a halt to the winds.

My thoughts and prayers to those affected by the fires.

8. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

Amen Brother
    [​IMG]

9. 01 rk

01 rk Active Member

Heading that way on Monday, watching the news closely.
    Hope the fire fighters can get a handle on it soon.
    Will say a prayer for the rain they need and for those who have lost eveything to the fire.

10. wannaride

wannaride Active Member

Just saw the news & they have the Black Forest fire 30% contained. Got some friends that got lucky & one friend that lost everything. I keep riding my Harley hoping it will rain, even washed it. We did get a short burst this afternoon.

Toby