Color Matched Hard Bags for '09 RKC

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by john c, Aug 3, 2010.

1. john c

john c New Member

I've got an '09 RKC, Deep Turquoise and Antique White. I want to buy hard bags and get them color-matched, not like an '09 Ultra with the same colors, but like the RKC color configuration. I guess Harley never made color-matched hard bags with the correct pin striping and all for this bike (dealer told me HD does when I bought the bike) because they say no part number exists. I thought HD custom painted stuff like this on order. I don't want Ultra hard bags because the striping and exact paint scheme won't match up right.

If I had a Vivid Black bike it would be a non-issue, but two-tone's more of a hassle, I guess.

I live in Sacramento Valley/ Bay Area. Any suggestions on best place to order hard bags and get 'em painted show quality like the rest of the bike?
  2. olskool

olskool Member

get them painted at a QUALITY body shop/painter that does side work...chose a painter/shop that are bike people...I have a least one set of tins/fairing/bags/trike being painted at any given time at my shop.

just chose your shop/man carefully.....some are notorious for letting parts sit around.