free website stats program Color/Die 1/8" White Wall Strip | Harley Davidson Forums

Color/Die 1/8" White Wall Strip

Cyclops

Does anyone know if there’s a product out there, or someone’s homemade concoction, that can be used to color, or die, the 1/8” white wall strip on the Dunlop tires? Simply sick & tired of cleaning them. Thanks in advance!

My buddy just did his front tire. Flat black Wal-Mart spry paint. Spry some in the lid take a Q-tip and paint on. Covered up pretty good. If you look real hard you can see it but, A dirty white wall stands out also.
Good luck and when I replace my tires they will be black walls for the same reason.

Don't know if this will work, but you throw an ideal out and someone has to know something about it. I am thinking black leather dye. I had to use that stuff all the time in the army on my boots. I don't see how it would hurt, but I would wait till someone else said they had tried it.

Don't know if this will work, but you throw an ideal out and someone has to know something about it. I am thinking black leather dye. I had to use that stuff all the time in the army on my boots. I don't see how it would hurt, but I would wait till someone else said they had tried it.
Leather dye was what I was thinking as well, from my Army days. But, I'm afraid that if it didn't work it would like terrible. I'll wait for other ideas. Thanks!

If I had the problem I would definitely try the dye but not the paint only because I would think it would peel off a very hot tire. If the dye required several coats, I happen to have in my storge of "You never know when you might need it " junk, a box of concrete black powder dye. Buy a bottle of rubber cement and read the sovent if it's listed which guessing is probably toluene, buy some and dilute it and add powder to please. Painting it on with 1" brush should do the trick, I imagine. What do you think?

The time you spend trying to cover up the whitewall you can clean them. And buy blackwalls next time.. I bought blackwalls 1 time for mine and I couldn't get them off fast enough, just didn't look right to me.. but differnt strokes for differnt folks..JMO.........:D

I remember a few years back when I was driving truck over the road that I remember seeing a truck with really nice red letter tires. We were at a truck stop so I asked him how he did it (I figured it was some kind of special super expensive stuff) and he said that he used a permenet red marker and it stays on and dont come off. It looked really good. I am sure black would do the same thing but I sugest red.

The time you spend trying to cover up the whitewall you can clean them. And buy blackwalls next time.. I bought blackwalls 1 time for mine and I couldn't get them off fast enough, just didn't look right to me.. but differnt strokes for differnt folks..JMO.........:D

I agree. That is what I going to do get black walls next time. However I still only clean my tires evey month or so. It is such a pain!!!!!!!:worthy

Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I'll just keep cleaing the whitewall until I need new tires and then I'll get new ones without.

I really hate cleaning them, when I changed tires on my baggers I went back to black LOL lazy too:p

Back