free website stats program Colonoscopy Journal | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Colonoscopy Journal

At least Mr. Barry did not wake up during the procedure. I did.:small3d031: It was due to an error by the nurse anesthetist.

I was to be the doc first procedure of the day, but they took a women ahead of me. I woke up 3/4 of the way though the procedure, because I got her dose of meds. They gave a 220 pounds guy (me) the meds for a 140 pound women! :small3d023:

They would not give anymore meds, so it was a grin and bear it. The pain and pressure was bad. All I heard from the doc was "Just a few more seconds and I'll be done". Right!

Once I was in recovery, I told the staff in no un-certain terms what I though of the their ablity to do their jobs and immediately asked to see a hospital administrator. When the doc come in to tell me what he found (nothing thankfully) I expressed my thoughts on his ability to verify everything was correct prior to doing a procedure on a patient.

I talked to the administrator before I left and told him I wanted a list of all personel in the OR for the procedure and everyone's name that touched me that day.

Just before I left I heard the a family member asking the staff why the women who had the procedure before me was still asleep. She was told "I guess she didn't get enough sleep last night, she'll be awake soon". That was 45 minutes after my procedure was complete.

One thing... I never received a bill from the hospital or the doctor for this procedure. Wonder why? I changed doctors right after my follow up with him. And will never use that hopital again.:s

This started as a funny story but has turned into something much more. Without intention I am glad to see that this has risen awareness in our health. Be it and the thought of the procedure unpleasant, it is something we all need to have preformed.

This started as a funny story but has turned into something much more. Without intention I am glad to see that this has risen awareness in our health. Be it and the thought of the procedure unpleasant, it is something we all need to have preformed.

While my experience wasn't good one. It's was good to have the test done. Thanks for starting the thread.

Well....I just went to the DR for a check up and at least my body is in ok shape....My mind, Thats a story for another day....:)...Aneyway....My beautiful young lady DR says...Mat I want to see you back here in 8 weeks for a physical....Well Im thinking,thats fine,you can look me over all you want....So we made the appointment and at this point Im feeling great but as Im heading out the room she says we need to talk about a colonoscopy...:(.......OH GREAT...

Oh man, and here it is income tax time too. Hope you don't get it from both :rofl

Now thats just not right man..:lolrolling...No offense RWB but your one sick individual today....It hurt when you said that...:D

I had a double procedure this morning- an endoscopy followed by a colonoscopy. Mom had colon cancer at age 51 and died of liver cancer at age 57, so I am considered high risk.

I have been getting colonoscopies every couple of years for over ten years now. Three years ago my doc recommended an endoscopy as well. I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus (pre-cancerous condition) at that time and have to have both procedures now.

The doc removed five polyps from my colon this morning, but my esophagus looks pretty good. Apparently, the Nexium is working.

The article by Dave Barry was right on point. Thanks to the OP for posting- as we get older we need to be proactive about our health.

I want to thank the team here at Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital for their professional, caring attitude towards me this morning. Y'all are the best!

RWB got it right...imagine paying for the privilege to get it at both ends! And #13 is probably the best one that our gal's will appreciate. :D

Thank you for the reminder Redfish-Joe some of us have to get a reminder every now to enjoy the joke...laughter is great medicine, then get down to business and watch our heath. :s

Back