Collecting HD T-shirts

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by dogdad, Jan 28, 2009.

1. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

How many of you try and get a HD t-shirt from the different dealers you visit. My dresser drawer is getting full and I started only 6 months ago. My last shirt was bought here at my local New Orleans HD dealer. It's a really nice Mardis Gras shirt with a wicked looking court jester holding out his hands with the word Mardi Gras,, and has words on the back in the traditional Mardis Gras's colors. I recommend it if you collect shirts. It's unique.

2. Fossil

Fossil Active Member

I seriously started ti collect Harley tee shirts in 1982. Believe me there were not many dealers who sold Harley shirts. I presently have over two drawers of Harely shirts even some from KMart. This is a fun hobby and cheap in comparison to others. i don't consider riding a Harely as a hobby but a life style. Keep at it and you will be saving memories also. Fossil

3. SPORTY LADY

SPORTY LADY Active Member

us too. just started last year but we have enough diiferent shirts to wear everyday for about 2-3 weeks. some are just hd shirts though. we intend on adding alot more to our collection.

4. toad451

toad451 Member

I've started to collect t-shirts as well. My wife isn't happy because I seem to have all black t-shirts. Oh well. :D

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

The only Harley t-shirts or clothing that I have is stuff that has been given to me

6. T wrecks

T wrecks Junior Member

:D Here is an Aussie HD shirt.[​IMG]

....and another...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  7. Fatboy07NH

Fatboy07NH Banned

Don't have to many but every trip I take I get one. Let's see so far I have.

Tucson Harley
    Grand Canyon Harley
    Vehicle Operations, York, PA
    Washington, PA
    Merideth, NH
    Manchester, NH
    Orlando, FL
    Seacoast Harley, North Hampton, NH

Yup can't go anywhere and not get one.

8. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

I have a few but at $30 to $35 a pop I have other things I want first.

9. brderj

brderj Active Member

I wanted too for a while and changed my mind. We (the future mrs brderj and I) drove to her home state of WI and passed well over a dozen Harley shops. We never stopped. A little disappointed at messing that up.

10. buddybr

buddybr Active Member

I travel a lot on my job and was doing the H-D t-shirt collection. After buying quite a few, I realized all H-D T-shirts aren't created equal. I got sick of wearing a $30.00 plus shirt once and the collar permanently stretched out. I mostly quit buying them, unless they’re really unique and a quality brand.

Like the one I have from Warr’s H-D in London that cost 25 pounds, which at the time was equal to $50 US. Then there was the price of the taxi to and from the dealer about another $50. That one was really unique for a guy from a small town in SW Georgia. I also have one from Okinawa H-D, and several from the three H-D dealers on Oahu, HI. One of those was junk, too.

Bottom line is for the most part, I don’t do H-D t-shirt collecting.

Funny thing is I still visit every dealer I can, in spite of the fact that I’m mostly seeing the same H-D stuff as every other dealer. :D