free website stats program cold weather gear | Harley Davidson Forums

cold weather gear

phlash

I would like to ride in the last fall early spring season in MAINE , would like some suggestions on gloves and jackets for this type of weather 20 to 40 degrees. thanks in advance.

i use Hein Gericke Goretex gear and Alpinestars Goretex Gloves, with Mountain Biking/Hiking base layers and a Tshirt underneath the jacket and its good down to -4*C, and its waterproof :D
Thanks for your help, went and ordered me a Hein Gericke Goretex jacket , f ound it on clearence for 75 bucks can't wait to try it out on the road thanks again

I would like to ride in the last fall early spring season in MAINE , would like some suggestions on gloves and jackets for this type of weather 20 to 40 degrees. thanks in advance.

There is no riding season in Maine.
The 12 Months of Maine - as told by Tim Sample
9 months of winter
and
3 months of pretty rough sleddin'

doc

phlash,
Where you from in Maine?
Maine, the only place where if your family hasn't lived since the time of the
last ice age, you're considered to be "from away"

Phlash,

Hello and Welcome. It can be done.

I have been riding with some friends and temps were around 40. Well, I was okay, but a little chilly. I mentioned it to one of them when we were stopped and he said "I just plug in" He proceded to tell me about Gerbings heated clothing. They all had it.

I went Monday and bought the heated gloves and jacket liner, attached the plug to my bike in about 15 minutes and went for my first ride, "plugged in". Holy Moly what a difference. I could not believe how warm I was. It was 28 degrees, I was on my Fatboy with no windshield and was toasty warm at 70mph. I was so happy.

The stuff is a little pricey, but is well worth it. I got mine at the local BMW dealer as they had the complete line in stock. I also got the dual temp controller which allows the gloves to be at a different temp than the jacket. I needed to turn them down, they were that warm.

Still have to watch out for black ice and know that the tires don't have the same grip, but as far as being cold, it is a thing of the past now.

Good Luck

FXRG nylon Jacket & Pants, a Bell helmet with ear flaps, Harley gloves, windshield & National Cycle Shield Hand Deflectors.
Just the chin gets a little cold.
Below freezing, I worry about and watch for ice.

Al

Gerbing's heated works for me in New England.

Back